Wednesday 23 July 2008

It'th pink!

That's what my neice (who has the cutest lisp - she eats 'cornflakth' for breakfast!) said about her birthday present



From her (she's 2) they are words of extreme approval!

The pattern is Esme from Patons Sugar and Spice book, although I knit it from the copy which came in a booklet free with Lets Knit! magazine. The yarn is Debbie Bliss merino DK which is lovely and squooshy - perfect for little people. I've got a few balls left over too, which I have earmarked for a pink-and-blue creation that I'm mulling over.

That shade of pink seems to be the colour of the moment for me, because I just bought a load of Debbie Bliss cathay in the same shade, which I'm using to make my first forrays into design. I want this year to be about having fun, and stretching myself (in ways that don't involve honking great exams - I've done more than enough of them), so I decided to bite the bullet and get out the graph paper and pencils. Next on the list is getting better at taking photos of my knitting, because my current efforts are amateur, to say the least.

No comments: